cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum design breaks in Firefox 3.6

You may want to check out the forums with Firefox 3.6. It isn't rendering properly.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert
14 REPLIES 14

Hey John....what exactly isn't rendering properly? I'm using Firefox 3.6, but I'm not seeing anything wrong. All looks normal to me....

Michelle
All Star

Might be an extension I'm using then. I got a ton of them, too. If I can figure out which one it is I'll let you know. I'm using about 20 of them so it will be a while before I figure it out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Well, one of my coworkers is seeing weirdness too. Black bars at the top right? That's the way it appears on my iPhone. So something's funky for sure! Let me know if you're able to resolve it by disabling any of your extensions. I'm contacting Lithium though to let them know. Are you by any chance using Windows 7?

That's exactly what I'm seeing plus other layout issues inthe sidebar and post footers.

FYI I'm on Windows Vista.

HAHAHAHA! Yeah I know how that goes. Vista=no fun!

I've got Lithium working on figuring out what's up. I'll keep you posted on what they find. :smileyhappy:

So yesterday I couldn't get the errors you were talking about with Firefox, even though I was using 3.6. I log in today, and lo and behold! I get those hideous black bars. :smileymad:

Weird! Anyway, Lithium was able to reproduce it on their end too, so hopefully they'll get it figured out.

Until then, I'm using IE. Ugh. :smileysad:

Michelle

I'd rather use Firefox with the black bars! :smileyvery-happy:

Actually, despite popular opinion and recent media attention, less well publicized but more emprical studies (full report here) have indicated that Firefox leads the pack in number of security vulnerabilities. IE comes in at #3 after Firefox and Safari.  The other problem I have with Firefox is it is so freakin slow to start up.  I can click on the Firefox icon, then completely bring up IE, Safari and Google Chrome before the Firefox window displays.  On the other hand, there are some websites that IE takes forever to load because it has the slowest JavaScript engine of the browsers I have on my machine (IE, Firefox, Safari for Windows, and Google Chrome).  In that category, Google Chrome wins hands-down with the fastest script engine.  Chrome, though, does not have a Print Preview feature, which I frequently use to prevent printing of the last page which often has no useful information on it.

Despite having been a member of the Borg collective for almost 12 years, I really try to keep an open and objective opinion on these matters.  Each browser has its benefits and drawbacks and I tend to use IE, Firefox and Chrome on a daily basis, each for different purposes.  Safari, on the other hand, does not offer anything the others don't have.  I have no idea why Apple thought it was useful to spend a bunch of money on building a Windows browser that has no beneficial features over anything else available.

Dave Parker
IT DevWorks, LLC
Makers of the I-Bill IT libraries for Authorize.net
Blog: http://www.itdaveworks.com
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rayrad
Site: http://www.itdevworks.com
itdevworks
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

I use Firefox primarily because I like its customization features. I've never liked IE's interface much. I like Chrome but I've been spoiled by Firefox's extensions.

Security is a minor issue with me but I don't concern myself with number of vulnerabilities so much as I do with how fast they're fixed. Microsoft sits on security holes way too long for me. Firefox fixes them quickly so at least I know I'm secure more often then not. I think at one time IE was open to attack all but 20 or so days in one year (this wa sa year or two ago). That's just too scary for me.