cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Avoid sending email confirmation when using CIM

I am using CIM to process payments for various web portal systems, from consumer products to subscription payments, etc... lots of different customer facing assets.

Some of these assets do not require an email to send from Authorize.NET and some do, but I cannot seem to find any documentation about how to enable a receipt confirmation email to be sent or NOT to be sent based on the CIM API.

I dont want to turn off all emails or turn on all emails for that matter.

Is this something I can do?

maccamacca
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/

There a emailcustomer in settingName, although couldn't find any doc on how to use it.

only found it in the schema

https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd

<xs:enumeration value="emailCustomer"><xs:annotation><xs:documentation>true/false. Used by createTransaction method.</xs:documentation></xs:annotation></xs:enumeration>

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hello @RaynorC1emen7 @maccamacca

The missing documentation for email receipts will return after a short absence in an upcoming release.  Until then, here are the details:

To send payment-gateway-generated customer receipts, follow these steps:

• In the transactionSettings element, set the settingName to Customer and set the settingValue to true.
  • Enter the customerโ€™s valid email address (up to 255 characters) in the element of the customer field. To insert a header, enter headerReceipt in another settingName element. In the settingValue field, enter the header as it should appear in the email.
  • To insert a footer, enter footerReceipt in another settingName element. In the settingValue field, enter the header as it should appear in the email.
  • To send a confirmation to the merchant, add another settingName element with the value merchant, and set the value to the email address to which the merchantโ€™s copy of the customer confirmation email should be sent. If a value is submitted, an email will be sent to this address as well as the address(es) configured in the Merchant Interface.