cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIM - Authorize Same Amount Twice For Same Customer?

Hi,

I'm in the shipping business and more often than not I get the same customer shipping multiple packages that have the same weight so the shipping price is the same on these different shipments. 

However, I seem to get a declined response from one of the transactions because I'm authorizing the same amount twice for the same customer.

Is there anyway around this? 

I would like to be able to authorize the same amount as separate transactions because they are in reality separate shipments.

Thank you!

olimits7
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can use the extraOptions and add x_duplicate_window

or use a unique invoiceNumber, description, purchaseOrderNumber in the order node.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
5 REPLIES 5

You can use the extraOptions and add x_duplicate_window

or use a unique invoiceNumber, description, purchaseOrderNumber in the order node.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I would add this extraOptions tag to my "createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest" request; right?

How would I add x_duplicate_window to the extraOptions tag and set it to 0?

<extraOptions>x_duplicate_window = 0</extraOptions>

So if this is set to 0 it will allow duplicate transactions; right?

Thank you, again!

Yeah, that look right.

Ok, I was thinking about this and maybe it will just be easier to include a unique ID within the "invoiceNumber" node.

If I were to use "invoiceNumber" node in the "createCustomerProfileTransactionRequest" authorize only request; so I also have to include the "invoiceNumber" node in the capture/settle request too?

Thank you!

Just the authorize only, you can't change it in  Prior Authorization and Capture Transactions