cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel ARB Subscription and renewal possibility

Hi, 

I'm working on custom PHP application and we set 1 year ongoing subscription.
1) Is there anyway customer can cancel subscription at any time within active susbscription status.  

2) I want to send renewal email 48 hours prior to subscription expire, 

Thanks

jay71134
Contributor
13 REPLIES 13

Hello @jay71134

A subscription can only be modified within the Merchant Interface or through the API.

If you wish to send email prior to expiration, you'll need to do that from within your application.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@RichardH 

If i change subscription amount through API, does this change apply to next payment or immediatly customer charged. I want to charge customer to next payment. 

Thanks

@jay71134 If you change the amount to charge, it takes effect on the next scheduled transaction.

Richard

Hi @RichardH

That's great. This is what I'm looking for. 

Thanks

Hi @RichardH

I know we have USD currency for testing account, is there any way i can set other currencies while testing my application 

Thanks

@jay71134

Yes, by creating additional sandbox accounts and specifying the desired currency on the sandbox account creation form.  Each gateway can only support a single currency.  

Richard

@RichardH

I setup my app to production mode and got a problem, users can signup with testing CC.  Can you suggest suitable solution so i can check transaction is processed successfully and customer charged.

Thanks 

Hi @jay71134,

Please review the recurring billing documentation. In the documentation, we emphasize that the subscription transactions are not processed at the time the subscription is created:

Subscriptions do not process transactions in real time. Creating a subscription transaction successfully does not guarantee that subscription payments will process through your account successfully.

If you create a subscription with a start date that equals the creation date, the first scheduled payment does not process until after 2:00 a.m. the following day. If you wish to validate your customer’s payment information before creating their subscription in your account, use one of the real-time transaction processing methods...

If you need to verify the credit card before setting up the subscription, the most common method is for you to charge the card for the first payment at the time the customer is setting up the subscription at your site., and then set up the subscription to start charging automatically starting with the second interval.

Hi @Aaron @RichardH,

Thanks for help and providing details. I have another question. If payment is not settled successfully, is there any way we can activate the suspended subscription by updating billing info and charge customer for subscription immediatly. Incase this is not possible what are other solutions, do we need to remove subscription and create new one.

Thanks