cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ColdFusion AIM integration: upgrading from MD5 to SHA512?

Have an existing, working AIM integration program written in ColdFusion, but currently uses MD5 hash. Am having a hard time finding much in the way of sample ColdFusion code on the site to help in the migration to the SHA512 hash.

I've gone in the Sandbox and generated a Signature Key. Do I use that in any of the x_* fields I send TO authorize.net? I thought that it was to go in the x_trans_key field instead of the old Transaction Key. If I test using the original transaction Key in x_trans_key it works. If I do nothing more than put the new Signature Key into the x_trans_key field it says invalid login or password or transaction. I'm not getting any farther than that so not even to the part where I string together the Signature Key field and other 2 and convert it to the new hash.  Is the Signature Key ONLY for converting to the hash (with the other 2 fields) once I get the api response back and not needed anywhere in the data sent to them?

SilasParkar
5 REPLIES 5

Did you get this?

You can view my API example (first call example).  AIM uses the same fields for the hash.  Just put in the correct AIM fields.

or

upgrade to API using my CFC :)

https://github.com/kabutotx/AuthNetToolsAPI/blob/master/examples/AuthTestSimple.cfm 

kabutotx
Regular Contributor

@kabutotx wrote:

Did you get this?

You can view my API example (first call example).  AIM uses the same fields for the hash.  Just put in the correct AIM fields.

or

upgrade to API using my CFC :)

https://github.com/kabutotx/AuthNetToolsAPI/blob/master/examples/AuthTestSimple.cfm 8 ball pool

Thanks for the information. It really helped me!

Did you get this?

You can see my API model (first call model). Point utilizes similar fields for the hash. Just put in the right AIM fields.

or on the other hand

move up to API utilizing my CFC :)

mipahon356
  1. Copy old users table into new design and hash the current MD5 into SHA-512. Then when users login I'll hash their input first as MD5 and then as SHA-512. Kinda Rube Goldberg but it doesn't bother my users at all
  2. Force all users to reset their password, checking the old password using MD5, but storing the new password as SHA-512.

ian22daniel

Duplicate old clients table into new plan and hash the current MD5 into SHA-512. Then, at that point, when clients login I'll hash their feedback first as MD5 and afterward as SHA-512. Somewhat Rube Goldberg yet it doesn't trouble my clients by any stretch of the imagination

Power all clients to reset their secret word, checking the old secret phrase utilizing MD5, yet putting away the new secret phrase as SHA-512.

I trust this will help you in the event that it help you out, wear shoes and begin playing ball since I love individuals to encourgae about b-ball.

jihem43289