cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Post Method samples don't work

Hi,

I followed the instructions in the "Integration Payments into your site in 15 minutes or less" page for C# MVC and it doesn't work as indicated.

Granted, I'm new to MVC.  But if you are going to post an example that requires a certain level of pre-requisite knowledge, please be sure to indicate that at the first in order to save developers like me the time investment in getting to this point. 

When I do as instructed and get to step two, I get the following Visual Studio designer error:

Error    1    'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<dynamic>' does not contain a definition for 'BeginSIMForm' and no extension method 'BeginSIMForm' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper<dynamic>' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  

I have the namespaces imported and the AuthorizeNET.dll referenced properly in my project.  Does anyone have any insight here?

jlowery
Contributor
6 REPLIES 6

Hey jlowery,

Currently only .NET 3.5 is supported. If you're using ASP.NET MVC 3, then that's probably why you're getting errors. We're working on updating the documentation so that current support is listed.

Thanks,

Michelle
Developer Community Manager

Michelle
All Star

A.  Count me as another person who is having the same problems using .NET 4.0.

B.  Saying you will post documentation on the web site at some point is lame.  How about posting solution here, now and also posting new docs on the web site.

IMO they should just pull this DPM garbage off the site. The documentation is very poor and the sample code and SDK's do not work. I've wasted two days on this CRAP!

It was simple, just follow the instructions.. it's not even code it's basically just html and a few sdk calls.

The main take your payment page is basically just create the fingerprint, and post the form you create to Authorize.net... setup a relay page that can be a simple servlet, or web page and put the redirect url...

The schema is a triangle with out a bottom... //\\ to lines each. You post to Authnet, then Authnet sends resposne back to your relay page,  then your relay page sends back to authnet with a redirect link which authnet redirects the users browser to. So if you have a secure site you can have a post to a non secure site for the trans. result.

The samples don't seem to work with Ruby on Rails 3 either. Looks like Authorize.Net decided to target the lowest common denominator, which in this case is unfortunate.

I have a detailed answer on stackoverflow for this. It's a simple fix.

http://stackoverflow.com/a/8426501/1087034

I was able to test their suit using the fix I detailed in the link above.

Also, To upgrade this to .net 4 is really easy. Open the project in visual studio 2010, follow the conversion wizard, and then close the project. You'll be able to copy the new files in after that and use the fix detailed in the link above for MVC 3.

epicthreedev