cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting "Error processing your credit card..." Using Gravity Form + Authorize.net Plug-in

Using Gravity Form + Authorize.net Plug-in / Getting "Error processing your credit card..."

Currently in test mode to check connection between form and authorize.net but nothing yet.

1. Test account set up. Green Checks (test mode selected in WP / on in test.authorize)

2. Created form with proper fields.

3. Set up feed (matched fields)

4. Test form using mock credit card (expiration date 12/2032). At this stage is when error message "There was an error processing your credit card. Please verify the information and try again" came up.

Kpenn123
4 REPLIES 4

Hello

It doesn't look like anyone has responded yet, but someone still may have feedback on what you're looking for. I'd recommend subscribing to this topic so that you'll be alerted via email if anyone else from the community is able to respond with any comments. To subscribe, click Topic Options at the top of this thread and then select Subscribe. You'll then receive an email once anyone replies to your post.

You might also consider reaching out directly to the developer of gravity forms.

Thanks,

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I'm having a similar problem. This post from the Gravity Forms support suggests that the problem may be a connection between server and authorize.net, even though the "green checks" appear. For this user, the problem really was at the host level (it wasn't a fault with the Gravity Forms plugin or Authorize.Net). But, it doesn't mention what the specific problem was or how they fixed  it.

I've seen this error posted a few places, but no "solutions" (which makes me suspect it's something obvious or silly and perhaps even a case-by-case error). Nevertheless, if anyon has any suggestions, I'd certainly appreciate it.

Post URL for Gravity Forms support forum: post URL: http://www.gravityhelp.com/forums/topic/receiving-error-processing-credit-card#post-337073

Steve Smith

Update: I am reaching out to the Gravity Forms developers (via a support ticket) and will post the resolution when (not if!) we get one. I did research one possible issues with ports and firewalls: AuthorizeNet uses ports 80 and 443 and our server's firewalls currently allow activity on both ports, so that seems to be a dead end. More later.

Steve Smith

Found the issue (at least for me)! Checking the server's PHP error logs, we found this:

PHP Warning: curl_exec() has been disabled for security reasons wp-content/plugins/gravityformsauthorizenet/api/lib/shared/AuthorizeNetRequest.php on line 103

This is a new server and, apparently, CURL does not install by default when using Apache. We installed CURL, and everything worked as expected. So, it wasn't a problem with Authorize.Net OR Gravity Forms, just needed a server configuration adjustment. Hopefully, this answer will help somone else out.

Thanks!

Steve Smith