cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java SDK CIM: UPDATE_CUSTOMER_PAYMENT_PROFILE --> how to mask the expiration date?

Hi,

I'm trying to update the payment profile.

If the user doesn't enter a new date I want to submit XXXX as expiration date... This is a masked date which means that the original date shouldn't be changed on authorize.net side.

I tried to set the masked date in 2 different ways in the net.authorize.data.creditcard.CreditCard class:

1. setExpirationMonth("XX") and Year("XXXX")

2. setExpirationDate("XXXX")

In both cases I get the error "E00027 (TESTMODE) The credit card has expired" back from authorize.net...

So, how should we set the masked date using Java SDK?

svetozar
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Look like you found a bug on the SDKs. The expirationDate is saving as a Date field and not a string field. And it saving it as 01/1970.

Don't set the expirationDate at all and use the following code fix.

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Update-Billing-Address-using-CIM...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It the credit card that you try to update expired? Also, a lot of thing doesn't work with CIM in test mode. Get a test account and do it in live mode.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

I'm using the a test account in live mode.

The date that I'm trying to suply is XXXX - it can't expire because I'm not changing a date. According to the CIM XML guide, when XXXX is passed as date then the original date remains unchanged.

btw, I'm able to change all fields without problem. I can also set the date, the problem rises only when I want to keep the date unchanged by suppliying XXXX as date...

Look like you found a bug on the SDKs. The expirationDate is saving as a Date field and not a string field. And it saving it as 01/1970.

Don't set the expirationDate at all and use the following code fix.

http://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Update-Billing-Address-using-CIM...

Thanks for the link!

Too bad that the patch is still not included in the SDK...