cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POST return link - why does it not redirect?

Hello all.

I am using Wordpress with a eShop plugin.  WIthin that store we are using authorize as our payment processor.  All is working fine but we are now wanting to add a THank you page which shows what the customer ordered.

We went into the authorize backend and turned on POST and added the return link.

The problem I am having is that once the person pays authorize does not redirect to the thanks page, it simply loads the thank you page inside the AUTHORIZE link.  ie the address bar still shows: https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll

Is this how it is supposed to be?  Why isn't it redirecting?

Also, how do I find out the POST data.  Does it send ALL data back through POST?  Even if I use GET the info is not in the url.  

Thanks for any tips! 

eShop/Wordpress are PHP.  

Sync
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm not 100% sure, but after checking around Authorize.Net's numerous guides, I believe Relay Response returns the same information as Silent Post and AIM. This means you should be able to get item information back through Relay Response. But I would test it out using a developer account before using it on a live account just to be sure.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

What your software is doing is using a feature offered by Authorize.Net called Relay Response. How it works is simple: after payment is made at the Authorize.Net website, a POST request is made to your designated web page with information related to that order. The response your page generates is then displayed to the user through the Authorize.Net page. So basically what you're seeing is what your software intends to have happen.

The POST data can be handled just like any other POST data, like a form submission, would generate. You can see what is sent by doing a test transaction and using print_r($_POST) in your relay response page. The ones I am sure that are sent are:

• x_response_code
  • x_response_reason_text
  • x_response_reason_code
  • x_avs_code
  • x_trans_id
  • x_auth_code
  • x_amount

However, if you want to have full data from a transaction sent to your system you should use Silent Post. It is sent in the background separate from the transaction. It includes all details of the transaction exactly like you would receive when using an API like AIM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

stymiee
Expert
Expert

Thanks that explains a lot.

My only current issue is that one item is not passing through through return link.  It is the item ordered.  Is there no way with relay response to have the item purchased sent through POST?  I searched the form and found one labeled, "x_item_line" but this is not passed through but everything else is.

Or would I have to go to Silent Post for this?

Thanks

I'm not 100% sure, but after checking around Authorize.Net's numerous guides, I believe Relay Response returns the same information as Silent Post and AIM. This means you should be able to get item information back through Relay Response. But I would test it out using a developer account before using it on a live account just to be sure.

Thank you for your time and assistance.  It is appreciated!

No problem! If you find out anything you may think is helpful for others to know feel free to share it here so we all can learn from it.

If you want to find out what the response data looks like from your relay response page, just log it to a file:

$response = new AuthorizeNetSIM($api_login_id, $md5_setting);
$handle = fopen('mylogfile.txt', 'a');
fwrite($handle, print_r($response, true));

You can then pick and choose the fields you want to add to your redirect URL. Alternately, you could just use the transaction ID (which should already be being passed) along with the Transaction Details API to look up the details on the receipt page.