cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pre-Functional Commit

Hi

I understand that there are conventions to writing commit messages (fix, feat, test, chore, etc...). That being said, it seems that those commit messages are intended for projects that are already functional and in the process of being updated/changed.

What is the proper way to write a commit message for something you just started from scratch and are changing/updating that (prior to anything being functional). Since there is no user-facing improvement I imagine nothing is considered a "feat"- so would everything be a "chore," "docs," "fix," or "test" ?

1 REPLY 1

@PhumeleleSJose wrote:

Hi io games

I understand that there are conventions to writing commit messages (fix, feat, test, chore, etc...). That being said, it seems that those commit messages are intended for projects that are already functional and in the process of being updated/changed.

What is the proper way to write a commit message for something you just started from scratch and are changing/updating that (prior to anything being functional). Since there is no user-facing improvement I imagine nothing is considered a "feat"- so would everything be a "chore," "docs," "fix," or "test" ?

Did you find answer? Looking for same information. Thanks

crisbatista