cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shoud production API Login ID and Transaction Key work in the testing environment?

Our client has obtained its API Login ID and Transaction Key for their Merchant Account. We have been doing our development and integration tests using the API Login ID and Transaction Key assigned to us when we opened our Sandbox account. Our keys work. Now the client gave use the production API Login ID and Transaction Key and told us to use them as they should work while we are still hitting the test environment (we use the SOAP Web Service, so we point our proxy to the "https://apitest.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx" URL). The problem is that when we try to use the Production strings, I get an error informing me that "User authentication failed due to invalid authentication values". Is there an extra step that needs to be performed, something that we have failed to do?

EddieLascu88CNP
Regular Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Correct, there are separate endpoints for Soap, XML, NVP connections.  The credentials will work for any of these endpoints on the respective system it was created for, sandbox or production.

Richard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I forgot to mention that the Client was told to use the Production API Login ID and Transaction Key by the Authorize.Net customer support, when the client was given the Production API Login ID and Transaction Key for their Merchant Account.

EddieLascu88CNP
Regular Contributor

Hello @EddieLascu88CNP

The sandbox and production systems cannot use credentials created in one system in the other.  So it's not possible to use a production key in the sandbox for testing.

Richard

Thank you Richard for your clarifications. The client was told otherwise so I wonder if perhaps the production credentials provided to it may be for a different API or platform. We are using your SOAP Web Service, as I mentioned. Once a Merchant requests an Authorize.Net Merchant Account and it is provided with production credentials, will those credentials work for all APIs or are there specific credentials to be requested when using the SOAP Web Service?

Somebody from the Authorize.Net Support Team told my client that our system should use the following URL in production:

hTTPs://secure.authorized.net/gateway/transact.dll

This is in complete contradiction to what we see in the CIM_SOAP_guide.pdf document downloaded from your website. In there, it is clearly specified that the URL for production, when using the SOAP Web Service, should be:

https://api.authorize.net/soap/v1/Service.asmx

So, should I be concerned that those credentials will not work, once we point our client to the Production URL?

TIA,

Eddie

Correct, there are separate endpoints for Soap, XML, NVP connections.  The credentials will work for any of these endpoints on the respective system it was created for, sandbox or production.

Richard