cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test card numbers in production

I'd like to test a successful transaction for echeck and credit card in a production evnironment. Is this possible? I've seen posts about test credit cards but they appear not to work in the prodution environment. When i put production in 'Test mode', i get a response back stating 'Cannot process transaction as gateway is in test mode' or a similar message,

Do I need to run an actual card through and cancel the transaction?

Bill

martin1b
Contributor
2 REPLIES 2

If you run a test card or echeck in test mode it should go through just like it does using a test account on a developer server. If you want to receive an approval on a live account you will want to run a real credit card or check through your system and then void the transaction.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John Conde :: Certified Authorize.Net Developer (Brainyminds) :: Official Authorize.Net Blogger

NEW! Handling Authorize.Net's Webhooks with PHP

Integrate Every Authorize.Net JSON API with One PHP Class (Sample code included)

Tutorials for integrating Authorize.Net with PHP: AIM, ARB, CIM, Silent Post
All About Authorize.Net's Silent Post
stymiee
Expert
Expert

Test mode on a production account is not as useful as live mode on a developer (sandbox) account. My advice is to get a developer account and then just set the ID, key, and sandbox variables on the page you're testing with.