cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the required billing address fields for Create Customer Payment Profile?

I cannot seem to get a decent documentation about that. This is part of the params I'm passing to createCustomerPaymentProfileRequest

"paymentProfile": {
    "billTo": {
        "address": "127 Main St.",
        "zip": "98019",
    },
    "payment": {
        "creditCard": {
            "cardNumber": "4393588360117783",
            "expirationDate": "2023-12"
    }
}
},
"validationMode": "liveMode"

It seems that if I don't pass address and zip I get an validation error. So is address and zip aways required when you create payment profile and is this so against production account?

sstratiev
4 REPLIES 4

https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/#customer-profiles-create-customer-payment-profile

validationModeIndicates the processing mode for the request.
- liveMode: A $0 or $0.01 (depending on card type and processor) live transaction is processed against the card and then immediately voided. Address is required for cards that support $0 authorizations and will be validated along with card code if submitted.
RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Thanks for the reply. So if I want to use validationMode=live, I aways need to pass address (Adress Line 1 and ZIP at least). I'm tryign to see if it's a viable option on our website to require just CC number and no billing address at all. So if we switch to validationMode=testMode we should be able to achieve that? I'm wondering if we going to hit other issues after that ...

If you switch to validationMode=testMode, it mean a customer could add a fake/bad credit card.

So bascially with cannot accept just the card. You aways need to ask for billing address. Got it. 10x