cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

"E00040 - The record cannot be found" when creating recurring subscription from Customer Profile

In production (not sandbox), I'm seeing a E00040 - The record cannot be found error when I Create a Subscription from Customer Profile on a Customer Profile that was just created. We've introduced an artificial one second delay and we're still seeing this issue. This appears to be the same problem discussed in these other threads, however the problem there seems to be limited to the sandbox and we are seeing this in production

salcode
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @salcode

Is this an ongoing issue or sporadic?  Do you know approximately when this started?

Since this is a performance issue with production, I would also suggest contacting customer support and open a case with them.  This ensures the issue is tracked and escalated properly.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
8 REPLIES 8

Hello @salcode

Is this an ongoing issue or sporadic?  Do you know approximately when this started?

Since this is a performance issue with production, I would also suggest contacting customer support and open a case with them.  This ensures the issue is tracked and escalated properly.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks for the reply RichardH.  The issue was sporadic.  Our application recently moved to Authorize.Net (within the last month) for subscriptions.  This is the first time we saw this problem on production (we were seeing it consistently in sandbox mode).

An articificial delay has been added between the Custom Profile Creation and the Subscription Creation.  This area is to undergo refactoring to use Create a Subscription instead of Create a Subscription from Customer Profile, so further investigation of this has been put on hold.

Thanks.

Hi - we are seeing this issue in production.   We got 18 of these errors in the last week.

I already added a 3 second delay, and then added more code to try again after an additional 5 second delay.  The 18 errors were all with that in place.

Now I'm trying to add code to throw the ARB creation to our job queue if it fails the second time.  So in order to test, I removed the delays expecting sandbox to throw these errors - but now, no errors in sandbox.  I used to have a 15 second delay in sandbox which is what it took to avoid the error so I took out all of the dealys but now it still won't. 

Has anyone found a way around this problem?

Kurt

Hello @krobson 

I recommend opening a support case and asking for escalation.  If you provide a case number, we can also request escalation.

Richard

ok, thank you for that advice.  I have opened support case #05887549 and requested escalation.

Kurt

I am consistently encountering this problem in production as well.  Every subscription I've tried to create directly after a <createCustomerProfileFromTransactionRequest> has generated this error. 

I did not get this error in the Sandbox when I was developing and testing my API utilities.

I'm calling the API through XML from an Oracle database. 

jwilson2000

In production (not sandbox), I'm seeing a E00040 - The record cannot be found error when I Update a Subscription from a Customer Profile (ARBUpdateSubscription) imediately after adding a "CreateCustomerPaymentProfile" with no delay between them. 

Is adding a 8 second delay between these processes still the best way to get this resolved?

Thank you,

Quinn

Hi QHuber1017

A delay would be strongly recommended. It simply isn't possible to replicate the data over to all of our databases, across all data centers, at the moment that the data is initially inserted.

An 8 second delay is a little too lean for my taste. I would personally recommend at least a 30-60 second delay, although I'm not certain I understand why you are creating a profile and then trying to update a subscription. Updating a subscription would automatically create/update a CIM profile. 

Regards, 

Elaine