cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandbox returns missing merchant_category_code error for payment api call.

Hello, 

Merchant ID:
cubic_umo_pass0001

Request ID:
Merchant Reference Number :
TC50171_16

When I call a payment api to authorize a payment, I am getting a decline with the following reason.

Reason Code:
Reply Message:
The following property is either invalid or missing: merchant_category_code, usd_outlet_id, usd_terminal_id

Can I please get some help to understand why this happens and how to fix the problem?

Thanks,
riccoon
4 REPLIES 4

Sandbox returns merchant_category_code error for payment api call

The sandbox is a great place to test out your Magento store before you launch it on the live server. You can try various products and test the checkout flow to make sure everything works as expected. The sandbox provides a secure environment that is isolated from the live environment and any changes you make on the sandbox will not affect the live store.

If you want to make a test purchase on the sandbox, you can easily do that by following the steps below.

Login to the sandbox

To login to the sandbox, go to https://sandbox.paypal.com/ and log in to your account.

Add items to cart

After logging in to your sandbox account, you will be able to add products to your cart.

Click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button and complete the checkout process.

Confirm your order

After adding products to your cart, you will be redirected to the ‘Checkout’ page where you can confirm your order.

Payment completed

After confirming your order, you will be redirected to the ‘Completed Orders’ page.

Conclusion:

If you are a beginner in Magento and don’t know how to make a test purchase on the sandbox, then I suggest you to follow the steps above to get started.

Maybe my issue description was not clear. I am not using Magento. I am using rest api (https://developer.cybersource.com/api-reference-assets/index.html#payments_payments_process-a-paymen...) to sandbox server (apitest.cybersource.com) to authorize a payment.

I've updated your account and it should unblock you. Please confirm once you are able to run a successful test transaction.

rajvpate
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

The new MCC can't be manually changed by the platform, and an error is returned if the API is used to update the MCC. Setting MCCs manually. 

joseemily
Contributor