I'm in the process of converting from the old SIM integration method to the new Accept Hosted Redirect method where the payment form is hosted on Authorize.net's web site. I have everything working to the point where the customer is able to enter their credit card and they can click to pay. However, I'm currently unable to figure out how to have Authorize.net communicate the transaction status back to my application so that the app can process the order accordingly.
I saw some other threads where people suggested using web hooks to accomplish this, but I currently don't see any way to link the transaction to a specific order id in our application. Questions:
1) Is there a way to have Authorize.net simply send a notification back to my application when the transaction is processed successfully or declined without depending on the user to click the "Continue" button? If so, how?
2) If the only option is to use the web hooks api, how specifically can I use that to link back to original transaction to match it up with the original order in our application? Is there a way that I can pass our unique order id with the transaction so that it's passed back via the web hook?
@Renaissance, I just joined the group after reading numerous posts of yours. I am new and this might not be the best way to get your help.
- We use a live A.net account
- The transactions are successfully recorded on the merchant A.net account
- But the webhook arrays are empty, nothing is relayed back to our website for recording and notifications.
We program in php. Our website is on:http://wwvr5.wwwebweavers.com/index.php?lang=en
Why these sites are not working properly, I am trying to use SIM according to the instructions but its now working on my side, also I am trying to reach on their support but failed.