cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C# CIM IGatewayResponse ResponseCode differs in live-mode vs test-mode

I'm using the C# library for the CustomerGateway. 

I have 2 separate accounts, a development account set to LIVE MODE and our production account. Both accounts are CIM enabled.

I'm creating an AuthorizeNet.Order and calling AuthorizeAndCapture on the CustomerGateway.

For my development account, I receive an IGatewayResponse with all of the properties filled (Approved, AuthorizationCode, TransactionID, etc) and a simple ResponseCode like "1".

For my production account when I make the same call, I receive an IGatewayResponse with empty/default properties (Approved equals false, AuthorizationCode and TransactionID stirngs are empty, etc) but my ResponseCode has the large '|' delimited payment gateway response such as 

1|1|1|This transaction has been approved.|09317Z|Z|5230344830|||1.00|CC|auth_capture|| ...

I've searched the forum and can't find anybody else with this problem so maybe it's a setup issue? 

In the meantime I special case depending on if I'm using a development account or production account, but I'd appreciate any help with how I might make these IGatewayResponses consistent between the sandbox and live sites.

Thanks

Flipperballs1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sound like the delimited char settings is different between test(development) account and production account. Login to the merchant accounts, and go to settings

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
2 REPLIES 2

Sound like the delimited char settings is different between test(development) account and production account. Login to the merchant accounts, and go to settings

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

That was it, my dev account had Delimited Response set to "no", my production account had Delimited Response set to "yes" with Default Field Separator of "|".

Anybody else with this problem, go to Settings-> Transaction Format Settings->Direct Response

Thanks for the quick reply.