cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can eCheck.NET be used as an EFT solution for govt as well as private scenarios?

We're currently developing a payment processing component that uses Authorize.NET.  The primary supported payment method is credit/debit cards.

However, the payment scenarios are not limited to 1-time transactions.  Our clients are local government offices, and there are scenarios where we need to do regular EFT between the client's account(s) and individual or organization accounts for various re-curring transactions.

Therefore, perhaps this is a basic question, but can eCheck.NET functionality be used for general EFT/EDI?

I am trying to understand if there are any differences I need to be aware of, as we're looking at Authorize.NET in scenarios where the client may already have a contract with ACI Worldwide (or similar) for EFT, and we need to understand any limitations.

Thanks,

Bob

bderemer
1 REPLY 1

Hi,

I suggest checking our eCheck Operating Procedures and User Guide for the different types of ACH authorization that Authorize.Net can faciliate. We support recurring ACH transactions as long as they are paymets from an accountholder to the merchant. We do not provide any support for person-to-person payments, these are not something that would be handled through a payment gateway such as Authorize.Net.

Thanks,

Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator