cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we POST to Authorize.net and have customers enter all their CC data there?

I found a post that matched my problem but was dated to 2015 so I will make my own and see there has been any change since.

So, I have a website that takes customers' orders and calculates the total amount that needs to be paid at checkout. Due to security and design issues, I want to add the submit button that posts just the transaction key and other details EXCEPT for credit card payment), through the Web API and it  should redirects the customer to the Authorize.net end where the customer can enter credit card details and other sensitive information so that I won't be liable for their credit card information.

I figured that authorize.net did not accommodate this functionality of creating a xml with just the transaction key and login id and entering the credit card information from their end rather than at my site end.

I was wondering if there has been any upgrade to facilitate this feature?

Here is the link to the old post. I have kept the title same.

https://www.jotform.com/answers/207510-Can-we-POST-to-Authorize-net-and-have-customers-enter-all-the...

Baibhav
2 REPLIES 2

This is essentially the way Accept Hosted works. You post to their end point, your API Login, Transaction Key and an Amount and they send you back a token, which you then use to populate a form that is used to obtain their hosted payment form, enabling you to accept secure payments while relieving you of PCI compliance. Using an Iframe or lightbox you are able to keep you visitors on your site as well.