cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find Customer using the Customer ID from Transaction Detail

Hi

I get a Transaction with `getTransactionDetails`, then I use the Customer ID from this response with `getCustomerProfile` to get the Customer information but I get an error message saying it does not exist:

"Failed to get customer profile information with id xxxx"

Why? Isn't Customer Profile the same as Customer? 

Thank you

yamikep
6 REPLIES 6

It seems the Customer ID has no profile. The definition for Customer ID is here:
https://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#transaction-reporting-get-transaction-detai... 
How do you know that a profile was created?

marine2026
Trusted Contributor

I don't know, I don't have access to the code that initiates the flow.

However, I can see the Customer Billing Information (name, email, address) in the Authorize.net transactions dashboard so it's somewhere.

How can I get this customer information via the API then?

Thank you

It does not return anything so it looks like no customer profiles are created.

I still don't understand why the Customer IDs are not good enough to reference a Customer, though.

<getCustomerProfileIdsRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
  <messages>
    <resultCode>Ok</resultCode>
    <message>
      <code>I00001</code>
      <text>Successful.</text>
    </message>
  </messages>
  <ids/>
</getCustomerProfileIdsRequest>

Thank you all. Still don't know how a customer is created without a profile but it seems to be it. 

yamikep

When you cannot find a customer using the Customer ID from transaction details, it's essential to troubleshoot the issue by checking for potential discrepancies in the data or your database. Ensure that the Customer ID is correctly inputted and matches the records in your system. Verify if there are any leading or trailing spaces, typos, or formatting differences that might be causing the mismatch. Additionally, cross-reference the data with the database or customer records in your system. If the issue persists, you might consider reaching out to customer support or seeking guidance from relevant forums and platforms like Curiosity Station, where experts and users often share troubleshooting tips and solutions for various data-related challenges.