cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating micro transactions and voiding immediately

I've previously asked on how to create customer profiles with card track data, and was told the only way to do it would be by creating a profile from a transaction processed with track data. In the flow I have in my system, you input a card separately from a specific transaction.

In order to bypass that restriction, I'm considering creating a micro transaction of $0.01, create a profile from it, and then void the transaction, keeping the profile with track information. Does anyone has any experience doing something like this? What is Authorize.net stance on this approach? Will the customer profile retain the card authorization if I void the transaction used to create the profile?

I'd really like to support card swiping and Card-present transactions, but for some reason the current flow for creating a payment profile directly only allows for full credit-card data instead of the track data.

erangalp
1 REPLY 1

Hi erangalp,

My best recommendation is to contact your Merchant Service Provider to confirm if what you're trying to acheive here will not be a violation of your merchant agreement with them. They should be able to help you on this issue.

Thanks,
Joy

Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator