cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Post example works - what next?

Hi,

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered but neither I or the authorize.net support person I talked to could find this.

I'm new to this process - but do know some scripting etc.

Using the Direct Post Quick Start link on website - I followed the steps, got the test login information and created the direct_post.php file which works perfectly.

It looks like 2 things can be passed to the direct_post.php file - amount and invoice number.

Where are the instructions for passing these variables from my shopping cart to the direct_post.php file?

Is it a GET or RETRIEVE php command? What is the syntax (it looks different than the SIM or AIM methods so I can't assume)

How do I pass the amount value to the direct_post.php file?

How do I alter the direct_post.php file to recieve this amount variable?

All I need is a few lines of code examples - the "from".php example to the direct_post.php example with the amount variable instead of "5.99" like it is in this example.

Every thing else on my site is done - so probably I will never need to pass anything but those 2 variables plus any processing messages which I see has a working example (with variables not hard coded!!!!) that I can use so I just need to know how to pass and recieve the amount and the invoice number..

I also suggested to the person I talked to at authorize.net to let the developers know that after the Direct Post Quick Start Demo is working - there are no additional instructions for the immediate next step - the manual assumes you have taken those next steps already as far as I can tell - so I suggested to her that maybe development should create maybe even a short file called Next Steps - at the bottom of the demo page that shows the simple variable passing etc.

Sorry if this question has been answered - I just couldn't find it anywhere :)

Thanks,

Tanya  Thompson

tjthecoder53
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Found it -

http://developer.authorize.net/downloads/

Under Sample Application - then uncomment the section to test the DPM. Tried it and works perfectly - now I can see how the variables are passed perfectly!!!

Thought I would post this for all the other DPM newbies out there!

Tanya

View solution in original post

tjthecoder53
1 REPLY 1

Found it -

http://developer.authorize.net/downloads/

Under Sample Application - then uncomment the section to test the DPM. Tried it and works perfectly - now I can see how the variables are passed perfectly!!!

Thought I would post this for all the other DPM newbies out there!

Tanya

tjthecoder53