cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encrypted USB Card Readers For Computers

Can we get an ETA on when Authorize.Net will support Encrypted USB Card Readers for computers?  

After browsing the forums it appears that Authorize.Net has been "working" on this solution for well over a year now and yet their still doesn't appear to be any progress being made.

**Note: I'm not interested in any mobile solutions. i.e. tablet / phone adapters.   I'm only looking for USB encrypted card readers for computers.

grandejon
Contributor
19 REPLIES 19

Hello @RichardH

Is there any update on this?  

It's been over a year since you stated "we're working on it"...

Hello @grandejon

We're still completing development and EMV certification.  

Richard

And you still only support 2 mobile readers, nothing for POS retail. Amazing. :/ Glad I moved elsewhere.

I'd also like an update on this. The use of a cell phone and a cell phone app for Authorize.net is not suitable for the environment we're in. It would be more stable to have a USB device connected to the checkout computer, and with a very simple checkout program with which it could interface.

What is the update on this.

Seems that no new is the what is been given here .

I understand that USB card reader is not the priority but the market place has a need here.

Please repond with a timeline when this would be available. I have clients needing this today.

adweb1

Hello @RichardH

Is there any update on this? 

I, (as well as my clients), have been waiting since 2015 for Authorize.Net to have a USB encrypted card reader and/or USB Chip reader.

Hello @grandejon @adweb1@healingrooms@topshot@gcapreol

We now offer an EMV SDK for Windows, allowing you to integrate EMV payments into your Windows-based applications.

https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/inperson-sdk-windows

A list of supported devices is available in our Partner Directory.

Richard

@RichardH

I just looked at the only listed USB and PC compatible device, (AnywhereCommerce Walker C2X), and I am unable to find clear answers to the following questions:

1.  Does the device support being used directly through the USB cable?

• I actually just spoke directly with your partner, (POS Portal), and they stated that they do not have a solution that can be used by PC via USB cable... 

2.  Is the device's "Audio Jack" removable or can it fold / slide out of the way when not in use?

At this point I am very confused about what is or isn't possible with the C2X.

Can you offer any clarification?

Hello @grandejon

Please accept our apologies for the customer support issue with our partner POS Portal. We have provided them feedback about your experience.

The Walker C2X device supports connectivity via micro USB. The port is located on the bottom of the device next to the audio jack port. The audio jack port does not fold out of the way, however, its placement does not interfere with the micro USB connection. We have given this improvement idea to our hardware vendors in the past.

Let us know if you have any other questions about integrating with this device.

@grandejon wrote:

Can we get an ETA on when Authorize.Net will support Encrypted USB Card Readers for computers?  

After browsing the forums it appears that Authorize.Net has been "working" on this solution for well over a year now and yet their still doesn't appear to be any info progress being made.

**Note: I'm not interested in any mobile solutions. i.e. tablet / phone adapters.   I'm only looking for USB encrypted card readers for computers.

yes, its happen from long time ago and now they update thing more valuble. You should check now.

ethaldstillf