cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to a Send Service Fee + Billed Amount (two transactions or two line items + one transaction)

I'm using sending our Credit Card Payments through Authorize.NET to our Merchant.  Our users want the transaction amount kept separate from the Agent Fee (2.5%).  They want to collect those fees in a different account.

Should I be sending ONE transaction with two line items to Authorize.NET with "SF" in the description of the Agent Fee/Service Fee (per my Merchant's instructions).  One with the Billed amount and the other with the Service Fee.

or

Should I be sending two Separate Transactions, One for the billed amount and one for the Service Fee?  Essentially being billed twice by Authorize.NET??

My Merchant suggested I contact Authorize.NET for clarification.

Thanks!

WadeGDouglas
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @WadeGDouglas

If I understand your question, you want to collect payment and add a 2.5% agent fee and split payment between two merchant accounts.  Is this correct.

Authorize.Net currently does not support marketplace payments, the ability to accept payment and split the funds between two merchant accounts.  

Another developer posted a similar request in our product ideas forum.  You may wish to add your vote:  https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Ideas/Multiple-Merchant-ID-for-single-Transaction/idi-p...

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

@WadeGDouglas how did you solve this problem?

leegraham

Hi. We sell event ticketing with a service fee. Has Authorize.net added the ability to split a payment yet? Thanks