cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I got the token, now what?

Hello,

I am able to call the  getAcceptCustomerProfilePage() function and pass in a CustomerProfileID and get back a token. Now that I have the token, and I am storing it in my database for future use, which functions do I need to call to say, charge the credit card? If its just the old chargeCreditCard() function, then how do I pass in the token?

Dan Burchfield

grepler71
1 REPLY 1

Hi @grepler71,

That token is for a hosted profile management form. That method returns a page request token and that's only good for fifteen minutes. You serve that token to the browser, and the browser then posts it to Authorize.Net, which returns a form to allow the cardholder to update their own card on file without posting the card number to you.

If you're looking to charge the profile, you create a profile first. You can add the card data at the time of creation if you want the PCI burden of having that flow through your server. Or, after creating the profile, you use the hosted form to have the customer add their card directly into Authorize.Net. Either way, when you're done, you'll be left with a profile ID (identifying the customer) and a payment profile ID (identifying a specific method of payment). Send those back in a regular charge transaction, and it will charge the card on file.

For more info on using the hosted forms, see the Customer Profiles docs.

Aaron
All Star