cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration of Square E-commerce API with client's website

Hello,
As a new Square developer, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. They are taking credit cards today with the Square chip card reader on their cell phone. For processing orders on their website, they use an oscommerce shopping cart and an authorize.net gateway. Instead of using Square, they want to integrate the website with their existing Square account. As for the developer / merchant credentials, I am a little confused on how to do this with the E-commerce API.

This is a one off development for them so I do not think I want to use the oAuth method.

If they are a merchant today do they have to sign up under the developer area and create a app using the Application Dashboard so that they have a personal access token and application ID that I would use on their website? ( I already signed up and have a developer account)

What information about a sale is shown on their Square account once I integrate the secure SqPaymentForm payment form onto their website? Today all the details on the order are in the shopping cart such as what the customer ordered, the shipping address etc. Does this information now appear on their Square account or do I still need to maintain it in the shopping cart? The Square account could be used as a single interface.

jackblender
0 REPLIES 0