cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with capturing transactions using splitTenderId

 Hi everyone,

 

I'm using the iOS SDK and trying to capture a previously authorized transaction with a splitTenderId. I get a successful response, but if I check my account is still on waiting to be captured.
The same flow for a normal transaction or even when I void a transaction with a splitTenderId works fine.

 

Here is the request I'm sending:

 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<createTransactionRequest xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <merchantAuthentication>
      <sessionToken>cKPLaX6fOqh0mg6_amjRBLVpwIHBAP6USRwqIx8S7MW1YtikIrGrcdOo2g$18rVJ1MZ2PZZ5TxJ9C4ciT7iGbbRL9UdbaL80ggNdYUhDJbBnmNT9i2tIXZTV0m0SlwgzP77Bu4Ug3jmNxzEDNbkT8AAA</sessionToken>
      <mobileDeviceId>XXXX-XXXX-XXXX</mobileDeviceId>
   </merchantAuthentication>
   <transactionRequest>
      <transactionType>priorAuthCaptureTransaction</transactionType>
      <amount>462.25</amount>
      <splitTenderId>114174</splitTenderId>
      <order />
      <lineItems />
      <customer />
      <billTo />
      <shipTo />
      <transactionSettings />
      <userFields />
   </transactionRequest>
</createTransactionRequest>
Then the delegate method is called
- (void)paymentSucceeded:(CreateTransactionResponse *)response
 
with the following response:
 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<createTransactionResponse xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">
   <messages>
      <resultCode>Ok</resultCode>
      <message>
         <code>I00001</code>
         <text>Successful.</text>
      </message>
   </messages>
   <sessionToken>kFqwbtglg3JQAFnlvNp1lNMZ0QsxGU7QgAI3NExnMB4PszM$lk4Su5_Jow202lnuogrjC37m_wkUQQ1oKLLACu_1XYNV4PTzR5CqM3BnzH1fN5$NY86a9Fok$mrxALDpayG1vrUhvB8KlNIFOct58gAA</sessionToken>
   <transactionResponse>
      <responseCode>1</responseCode>
      <authCode />
      <avsResultCode>P</avsResultCode>
      <cvvResultCode />
      <cavvResultCode />
      <transId>0</transId>
      <refTransID />
      <transHash>2AD7167417E9BB2BD0B0E9BE74A714A0</transHash>
      <testRequest>0</testRequest>
      <accountNumber />
      <accountType />
      <splitTenderId>114174</splitTenderId>
      <messages>
         <message>
            <code>1</code>
            <description>This transaction has been approved.</description>
         </message>
      </messages>
      <splitTenderPayments>
         <splitTenderPayment>
            <transId>2228220382</transId>
            <responseCode>1</responseCode>
            <responseToCustomer>1</responseToCustomer>
            <authCode>GVYS9H</authCode>
            <accountNumber>XXXX0002</accountNumber>
            <accountType>American Express</accountType>
            <requestedAmount>462.25</requestedAmount>
            <approvedAmount>1.23</approvedAmount>
         </splitTenderPayment>
         <splitTenderPayment>
            <transId>2228220384</transId>
            <responseCode>1</responseCode>
            <responseToCustomer>1</responseToCustomer>
            <authCode>U9O2S3</authCode>
            <accountNumber>XXXX0012</accountNumber>
            <accountType>Discover</accountType>
            <requestedAmount>0.00</requestedAmount>
            <approvedAmount>300.00</approvedAmount>
         </splitTenderPayment>
         <splitTenderPayment>
            <transId>2228220387</transId>
            <responseCode>1</responseCode>
            <responseToCustomer>1</responseToCustomer>
            <authCode>7KJNVQ</authCode>
            <accountNumber>XXXX0027</accountNumber>
            <accountType>Visa</accountType>
            <requestedAmount>0.00</requestedAmount>
            <approvedAmount>161.02</approvedAmount>
         </splitTenderPayment>
      </splitTenderPayments>
   </transactionResponse>
</createTransactionResponse>
 
But if I check in my account the Unsettled transactions they are still in Authorized/Pending Capture state.
 
Has anyone else experienced something similar? Or can you think of what is going wrong?
 
I hope these details help you understand the issue.
Please let me know if you need any more information.
 
Kind regards,
Stefanos
Learn how to accept card payments within your mobile application. Visit us at http://www.Authorize.net
sikiniot
Member
2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

 

We actually have an API method specific to updating a split tender group documented here. We don't really test for the API method that you are trying to run. I would recommend moving over to the updateSplitTenderGroup method for both your void and capture requests that take a split tender ID as an input.

Trevor
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Hello @sikiniot

 

I've let our documentation team know so they can update it with the correct information.

 

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator