cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payments occurring within the same second are being applied to the wrong account

Hello, I'm a developer on a saas product that allows customers to process payments using authorize.net. We're seeing an issue where we have two separate clients with completely different authorize.net accounts and one is receiving funds that are meant for another. This only occurs when both requests are submitted within the same second of each other. For example...

We made one request for Client A at 2022-02-23 10:18:10.360.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createTransactionRequest
	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
	xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
	<transactionRequest>
		<transactionType>authCaptureTransaction</transactionType>
		<payment>
			<creditCard>
				<cardNumber>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</cardNumber>
				<expirationDate>XXXXXX</expirationDate>
				<cardCode>XXXX</cardCode>
			</creditCard>
		</payment>
		<order>
			<description>Paying multiple Invoices</description>
		</order>
		<customer>
			<id>11112222</id>
			<email>EmailAddressHere</email>
		</customer>
		<billTo>
			<firstName>John</firstName>
			<lastName>Doe</lastName>
			<company />
			<address>Address</address>
			<city>City</city>
			<state>ST</state>
			<zip>ZIP</zip>
			<country>CC</country>
		</billTo>
		<shipTo xsi:type="customerAddressType">
			<firstName>John</firstName>
			<lastName>Doe</lastName>
			<address>Address</address>
			<city>City</city>
			<state>ST</state>
			<zip>Zip</zip>
			<country>CC</country>
		</shipTo>
		<customerIP>00.000.000.000</customerIP>
	</transactionRequest>
</createTransactionRequest>

We made a separate request for Client B at 2022-02-23 10:18:10.533.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<createTransactionRequest
	xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
	xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"
	xmlns="AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd">
	<transactionRequest>
		<transactionType>authCaptureTransaction</transactionType>
		<payment>
			<creditCard>
				<cardNumber>XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX</cardNumber>
				<expirationDate>XXXXXX</expirationDate>
				<cardCode>XXX</cardCode>
			</creditCard>
		</payment>
		<order>
			<invoiceNumber>999999999</invoiceNumber>
			<description>Payment submitted by site administrator.</description>
		</order>
		<customer>
			<id>33334444</id>
			<email>DifferentEmailHere</email>
		</customer>
		<billTo>
			<firstName>Jane</firstName>
			<lastName>Smith</lastName>
			<company>Company Name</company>
			<address>Address</address>
			<city>City</city>
			<state>ST</state>
			<zip>Zip</zip>
			<country>CC</country>
		</billTo>
		<shipTo xsi:type="customerAddressType">
			<firstName>Jane</firstName>
			<lastName>Smith</lastName>
			<address>Address</address>
			<city>City</city>
			<state>ST</state>
			<zip>Zip</zip>
			<country>CC</country>
		</shipTo>
		<customerIP>11.111.111.111</customerIP>
	</transactionRequest>
</createTransactionRequest>

The responses we receive don't indicate any problems. There's unique transId and networkTransId fields. The card numbers and types reflect the correct ones for each client, but the wrong client, despite the two clients having unique API Login IDs and Transaction Keys.

Jives
Member
0 REPLIES 0