cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Redirect with hosted page requiring POST

I hope I'm missing something here but the documentation and examples for using the full page hosting solution always want to use POST. You cannot redirect to a POST so I don't see how this can work correctly. All the examples seem to assume that I'm going to have a button on my page wrapped in a form that redirects directly to Authorize.Net but that isn't how our apps work. More importantly, if the user sits on that page for more than 15 mins then Authorize.Net invalidates the token (based upon the documentation).

I don't want or need to create a token until the user explicitly clicks the Pay button. At that point I have to do some server side processing so I call back to the server. At this point I'd create the token. I need to send the payment URL back to the client so it can redirect. But since it requires a POST I cannot simply send a redirect response with the URL. I also don't want the user to have to click yet another button. I could potentially redirect to my page, detect that I need to form post and then, using scripting, trigger the post but that seems like a lot of messy code to do something that seems trivial. 

We're in the middle of evaluating a new provider and Authorize.Net is one of them. PayPal allows me to redirect the way I want but I haven't gotten to the other providers. Not being able to redirect is going to be an issue for us and would probably eliminate Authorize from the list. It also isn't an option to use an iframe or self host. We want the entire payment experience off our network.

How can I get this to work properly?

2 REPLIES 2

Auto submitting your payment form is as simple as 

document.getElementById("YOUR_PAYMENT_FORM_ID").submit();

For greater control of your forms with reduced PCI compliance requirements, check out accept.js  && accept.js in action.