cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SIM Recurring Payments (or Installments)

Hi! I'd like to give our donors the option to pay in installments (such as to pay a certain amount billed automatically each month). I think somewhere in my research of setting up my SIM, I've encountered some string of code or URL I needed to do this, but I can't find it. I also seem to be having difficulty finding it in documentation or online, perhaps because it's called something different from what I'm calling it.

Any help in setting this up would be appreciated! Since I have SIM set up and working, going to https://secure.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll, and I think there's just one small variable change I need to do in order to open a recurring payment window.

Thanks,

Brendan

bdparker
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

Hello @bdparker

It is not possible to create a subscription using SIM as it's designed exclusively for one-time payments.

However, you can use the original transaction to create a subscription using the following steps:

1. Use create a customer profile from a transaction
  2. Use customer profile from step 1 to create a subscription.

NOTE: these two API methods are only available with the Authorize.Net API using XML or JSON format, not the now legacy AIM/SIM/NVP methods.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator