cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shopping Carts

Hello

I am having a problem when it comes to working with codes avaialble thru Authorize.net and what fits my website the best. I do all my own website work but when it comes to working with codes etc I get lost as I have never did anything yet with adding a shopping cart to my website. I see they have the option of Direct Post Method (DPM) , Server Integration Method (SIM) or Advanced Integration Method (AIM First off I don't know which would be best for me. And after looking at them and checking out the codes I am lost. When using these codes. Is this suppose to be something that will add a shopping cart to my website as well as create buy buttons for each product I sell? And also I see they offer a long list of other companys that offer shopping cart availabilty. So I guess first off what I am needing to know is. Do I need to go thru one of them companys to set up a shopping cart system? Or can I set up a shopping cart system on my website right from Authorize.net? And after I get this part figured out can somebody give me helpfull tips on how to add codes to get my website set up to accept payments? I was using the simple buy buttons but didnt know I could only use 100. Which will not work as I have atleast 80 pages that will have atleast 50 items for sale. So I need to have the availability for around 4,000 items. Hopefully I explained well enough what I need. And thanks in advance

Northwoods
7 REPLIES 7

Do I need to go thru one of them companys to set up a shopping cart system?

You can write your own. But didn't sound like you know how so, a third party shopping cart system might not be a bad idea.

Or can I set up a shopping cart system on my website right from Authorize.net?

Authorize.net do not offer a shopping cart system.

And after I get this part figured out can somebody give me helpfull tips on how to add codes to get my website set up to accept payments?

Make sure the third party shopping cart system you getting support the Authorize.net API you want to use.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hello Northwoods,

From your description, it does appear you would benefit from a shopping cart on your website.  Our Certified Solution Directory offers a large collection of solutions that are pre-integrated with Authorize.Net.

You may also want to check with your website hosting provider.  They may offer access to one or more shopping cart solution as part of your hosting package.  Just be certain to confirm that it supports the Authorize.Net Payment Gateway.

While you mentioned that you do your own website development, you might also consider engaging one of our Authorize.Net Certified Developers who can offer both advice and implementation expertise to get you selling even faster.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Ok thank you for your advise. I was oping I could get a shopping cart right thru Autorize to keep the fees down. seeing as there is the fee per month for credit card company and then the fee for Autorize. But I guess the added fee for a shopping cart company will be needed to proceed. Thanks again

I was facing same problem. thanks! for sharing this post

Great content. Really informative and helpful. There are some amazing ad networks review at BestAdNetworks with details.

Great content. Really informative. There are some amazing bestadnetworks with reviews and details.

Great content. Really informative and helpful. Thanks for sharing it with us. But, you should check SafeTricks for latest technology blogs and articles.