cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp and time zone clarification

I need some clarification on how timestamps work because I am getting an error 97.  We are using the SIM integration.

On a clients web server they are experiencing this problem.  Their web server time zone is set to GMT with daylight savings ticked.  As it is currently British Summer Time at the moment the time on the web server is correct/as expected.

We are getting the timestamp in code using the following code...

Dim TimeStamp = CInt((DateTime.UtcNow - New DateTime(1970, 1, 1)).TotalSeconds)

I should point out that we have our website code working with lots of our clients on lots of web servers throughout the USA and Canada.  Each are in different timezones and our code has never failed until today, just on this one server.  We are based in the UK, so we have a test web server as well, set to GMT time zone and that works perfectly fine.

When I log into our Sandbox account (we personally don't have a real account, but our clients do), in Time Zone settings I see it is set to Pacific, so I assume this has nothing to do with the SIM integration, otherwise you'd expect the 8 hour time different to the UK to fail in our tests.  Our test web server always works fine.

So I am trying to establish what could be different on the web server that is failing.  As mentioned above it is set to GMT and the time is accurate.

As a side issue, this web server hosts two websites, each website has a different authorize.net account, which could be set to different time zones.  I assume that does not matter because the code above gets the UTC time, from the web server, so should presumably be correct.

cwdsl
Contributor
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ignore: We believe the time did not match the time zone.  Sorry for posting unnecessarily.

View solution in original post

cwdsl
Contributor
1 REPLY 1

Ignore: We believe the time did not match the time zone.  Sorry for posting unnecessarily.

cwdsl
Contributor