Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating fields on profileTransPriorAuthCapture

Hi! I'm working on a purchase process that goes like this:

- Holding via authorize

- Product booking

- Capture via authorize

Now, the product booking is returning a booking id. I need to have this id in the authorize transaction.

I've tried to update the order description on the capture step with the id returned from the booking step. And it seems like it doesn't work.

This is the order node i'm sending on the capture message:

<order>

<invoiceNumber>transactionInvoiceNumber</invoiceNumber>
    <description>Charge for: product id xxxxx</description>
</order>

When I search the transaction on the authorize  sandbox, the description and the invoice number are empty. Only if i send that same order node in the holding action the values are setted.

It's possible to update those fields on profileTransPriorAuthCapture? If not, is there another field I can update on profileTransPriorAuthCapture?

Thnx for your time!

gastonquiroga
2 REPLIES 2

You will have to get the bookingID when you create the authorization.

No fields get update during the capture, the only field is the amount field where you can capture equal or less then the authorize amount

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

@RaynorC1emen7 is correct that you currently cannot update information on the transaction during capture.  But this isn't the first time we've seen others ask about this capability.

You are welcome to post this as a new feature using our Ideas forum. This will allow others to vote on and make suggestions to improve the request.

Richard