cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Checkout Button - dataLevel: FULL not returning any more than dataLevel: SUMMARY

Integrating Authorize.net's version of Visa Checkout with our site. Using sandbox for testing.

my decryptPaymentDataResponse includes the following:

messages (success/failure etc)

shippingInfo (including following)

firstName

lastName

address

city

state

zip

country

billingInfo (including following)

firstName

lastName

address

city

state

zip

country

email

cardInfo (includes info about card)

paymentDetails (includes info about payment value)

The billing and shipping info includes street address info. Billing includes email info.

Neither include phone number info.

Documentation here:

http://developer.authorize.net/api/reference/index.html#visa-checkout

suggests that phone number info is not returned.

The Visa Checkout test card I am using has phone numbers in the billing and shipping fields, visible in the lightbox when testing. Everything is being passed except the phone number.

I have seen here:

https://arch.developer.visa.com/vme/merchant/documents/Visa_Checkout_JavaScript_Integration_Guide/Ja...

That passing    dataLevel: "FULL",   in the v.init() button generation code might send more info, but says: the following:

(Optional) The level of consumer and payment information that the payment.success event response should include. If you request information, permission to receive full information must be configured in Visa Checkout; otherwise, you will always receive only summary information, regardless of the data level you specify.

When onboarded by a partner, the enablePANAccess field of the onboarding API determines the default value for dataLevel. If enablePANAccess is true when the merchant is onboarded, the default dataLevel is true; otherwise, the default dataLevel is false. For information about the enablePANAccess field in the onboarding API, see the Client API Reference, Partner Edition.

Format: It is one of the following values:

• SUMMARY - Summary information

• FULL - Full information, which is only available if you are configured to receive it

• NONE - Consumer and payment information is not returned in the payment.successevent response, in which case the Get Payment Data API must be used to obtain the information. Since 2.5.

Is Authorize.net's Visa Checkout integration capable of passing billing or shipping phone numbers with decryptPaymentDataResponse?

Thanks for help,

Frank

Frank37
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Frank37

Checking our API Reference for Visa Checkout, I don't see that we're not exposing the phone number as you have outlined.

I'm forwarding this to our product team for further review.  In the mean time, I suggest posting this as a new feature using our Ideas forum. This will allow others to vote on the request.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

RichardH:

Would you please clarify?

You say "I don't see that we're not exposing the phone number..."

Maybe you used too many negatives when typing the sentence... would you please clarify?

Is the phone number available from Visa Checkout or not?

Thanks,

Frank Williams

@Frank37  It is not available when using Authorize.Net with Visa Checkout.

RIchard