cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voidable / Refundable transaction criteria.

Hellooo ^__^

I have a page in our web app (PHP based, using authorize.net PHP api) that displays details for a perticular transaction. I need to be able to add either a void, a refund button, or not button at all. Depending on whether or not the transaction is voidable or refundable.

What do i need to check against to determine whether or not a transaction is voidable or refundable? Transaction Status? Transaction Type? If so, which values of those would be valid for a void or refund.

Thanks!

-GlitterCakes <3<3<3!

GlitterCakes
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

void - auth_only, or after capture but unsettled.

refund, after capture and settled.

If you use the Transaction Detail API  GetTransactionDetails

void - authorizedPendingCapture, capturedPendingSettlement, authorizedPendingRelease

refund - settledSuccessfully

Not sure about all the other transactionStatus, maybe one of the MOD can help you.

View solution in original post

RaynorC1emen7
Expert
4 REPLIES 4

void - auth_only, or after capture but unsettled.

refund, after capture and settled.

If you use the Transaction Detail API  GetTransactionDetails

void - authorizedPendingCapture, capturedPendingSettlement, authorizedPendingRelease

refund - settledSuccessfully

Not sure about all the other transactionStatus, maybe one of the MOD can help you.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

Hopefully a mod can step in knowing the transaction statuses. You have been very helpful thank you!

Hi GlitterCakes,

All of the transaction statuses are already named by Raynor, he covered everything that is relevant to this scenario.

Thanks,
Joy

Thank you guys so much!