cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weblink sundown

Hi,

I am currently using this URL: https://secure2.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll for my transactions.

I am POSTing the params to you. As I read the developer pages, it sounds like this will continue to be supported, but no further development will be done. If this is correct, I think I just need to add the x_tran_key field to the post.

If this is not correct, am I correct in assuming that I need to POST an xml file to you in the format below:

<merchantAuthentication>
<name></name>
<transactionkey></transactionkey>
</merchantAuthentication>
<transactionRequest>
<amount></amount>
<payment>
<creditCard>
<cardNumber></cardNumber>
<expirationDate></expirationDate>

</creditCard>
</payment>
<customer>
<id></id>
<firstName></ firstName >
<lastName ></lastName >
<address></address>
<city></city>
<state></state>
<zip></zip>
</customer>
</transactionRequest>

kbutterly
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @kbutterly,

Your assumptions are essentially correct. Using the old name value pairs with a GET request or without a transaction key will soon be unavailable.

Assuming you're already doing a POST from your server to ours, just add the "x_tran_key" field, and you'll be fine.

When you decide you need or would like to take advantage of the features of our full API, that's when you'd construct requests in the XML format like the example you gave.

View solution in original post

Aaron
All Star
1 REPLY 1

Hi @kbutterly,

Your assumptions are essentially correct. Using the old name value pairs with a GET request or without a transaction key will soon be unavailable.

Assuming you're already doing a POST from your server to ours, just add the "x_tran_key" field, and you'll be fine.

When you decide you need or would like to take advantage of the features of our full API, that's when you'd construct requests in the XML format like the example you gave.

Aaron
All Star