cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where can I learn API testing thoroughly?

I’ve setup an automation framework using SpecFlow / Selenium WebDriver / Appium / C# / POM

The web app I will be testing uses various APIs and services like RabbitMQ etc.

Where is a good place to start to learn API testing in C# ?

I’ve checked Udemy but didn’t seem to find exactly what I am looking for.

Any advice appreciated. Thanks.

phylialyn47
3 REPLIES 3

This guide to REST API testing will help you understand the basics. ... a slick user interface and clicking buttons, I reach for a tool and think carefully about data and endpoint paths. ... You have to learn a little new language to work with an API.

aeron48
In this API testing 101 articles, you'll learn about the basics, and how you can ... is broken before you go forward to start your more thorough testing.

jonathan_123

In essence, An Application Programming Interface (API) at its heart is a formalized specification that is a contract that guarantees between two distinct pieces of software

The modern computer system is generally built using the 'layered architecture method'.

Testing APIs involves testing APIs (APIs) directly in conjunction with integration tests to test if they are in line with the requirements for performance, reliability, performance and security. Because APIs do not have an interface or GUI, API testing is carried out at the message layer.

API testing is crucial for automated testing since APIs are now the main interface to the application's logic, and also because GUI tests are challenging to keep up with the quick releases and frequent modifications frequently used in Agile Software Development and DevOps.