cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Antivirus should I go for my mom's computer?

Hello and good day to whomever is reading this,

I have been a long time user of Avast Free Antivirus, it was what I found to work for me back when I was in high school and it was suggested to me by tech web sites.

Lately, I've started to get annoyed at Avast constantly popping up and telling my mom she needs to 'upgrade to fix problems'. Every time she sees it, she gets worried and I have to explain to her that it's a ploy to get us to pay for stuff we probably won't get to use heavily.

Me and my family are from a third world country, so paying for a subscription isn't something we can afford, a one-time payment would be more of what we'd be willing to pay.

My mom isn't very tech savvy and I'm the only tech support she's got on hand, my dad's knowledge about tech is pretty outdated. (Even if I tell them all the things not to do, they're still susceptible to bad links sent by their friends, who are the same age as them and not as tech savvy either.)

I'm currently testing Kaspersky Security Cloud on my laptop, and my only problem so far with it at the moment is that it's giving me popups about Syncthing, it's currently what I use to keep important updated backups of my files and my moms files on both of our computers. I've also checked My Kaspersky and it's saying I have 1 Year Protection for 3 Devices.

Will I have to subscribe to Kaspersky after that? Or will it just ask me to confirm I want to continue with the completely free version, like what Avast does after a year?

I've also looked into Bitdefender, but their free version only allows one device per account and I don't want to have to keep track of multiple accounts.

Should I just continue with Avast on my mom's computer? Or is Kaspersky Security Cloud good enough for her?

Thank you in advance for your constructive advice.

Scott105
0 REPLIES 0