cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

3D Secure test cards produce unexpected results.

I'm following the guide here: https://developer.cybersource.com/docs/cybs/en-us/payer-authentication/developer/all/rest/payer-auth...to implement and test 3D Secure / Payer Authentication, but I'm finding that if I try to combine services, as it suggests I do, then every card is simply giving a status of AUTHORIZED instead of PENDING_AUTHENTICATION, AUTHENTICATION_FAILED, or AUTHENTICATION_SUCCEEDED.

I'm using the /pts/v2/payments endpoint to combine enrolment checking with authorization, but it seems to automatically authorize every card I try instead of prompting for authentication. I'm including an ActionList with CONSUMER_AUTHENTICATION but the results for every card are the same.

Alternatively, I could use the /risk/v1/authentications endpoint, and that does give the expected results, but I'm not sure how to complete the capture with those.

yottskry
1 REPLY 1

Also, having tested further, calling the authentication check enrolment service separately also does not behave as expected. Every single ard is giving "AUTHENTICATION_SUCCESSFUL" as the response to checking enrolment, including those that are supposed to fail authentication and those that are supposed to require step-up authentication.

What's going on? In 15 years' development I've never encountered such poor documentation and pathetic customer support as Cybersource.

yottskry