AIM and AVS/CCV

I would like some transactions to be run through the AVS/CCV fraud filter, and other transactions not be run through this filter. 

If a transaction is submitting with an address field or CCV field, does it bypass the Fraud filters?

I would like the AVS/CCVFraud filters to apply to initial transactions. Once the first transaction is complete, verified and stored, the CC data could be used for future billing without being subject to CCV/AVS filters. This would reduce failures due to address changes and would keep me PCI compliant by not requiring me to store CCV codes while still preventing fraud when the card is first used. 

What would be the best way to do this?

voidix
1 REPLY 1

Hi,

Once you have successfully charged a customer's account, you can specify future payments as "recurring" payments using the x_recurring_billing flag. This flag advises the processor that you already have a relationship with the customer and in most cases causes the processor to bypass address verification.

Within the Authorize.Net system, it isn't possible to turn on and off address verification on a per transaction basis. However, if the processor says that it is "not applicable", we will not decline the transaction.

Thanks,
Joy
Joy
Administrator Administrator
Administrator