cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AIM integration in an existing c++ vending machine application

I am tasked with the job of replacing a bill accepter in a XP-based vending machine application that is written in c++ within a visual studio 2008 development environment. I typically do not seek help, but I have spent a lot of time trying to adapt the AIM c# example to something that works in my my development environment.  The C# example works fine in visual studio. However, I do not have much experience with C++ and Internet application.  I have opened a socket (without errors) and sent a message to "test.authorize.net:, port 443, with the path set to "gateway/transact.dll."  I suspect there is something wrong with the message, but I do not get a connect error.  I never get a response from the message.  Does anyone have a simple example of posting a transaction using Winsock in a less than "state of the art" c++ development environment? I am using a card-present  message format that conforms to the specification & is essentially the same as the message included in the c# AIM example.

tomemedia
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Do I need to turn on security for my Windows socket before I send the message to test.authorize.net?

Should I be looking for a way to integrate C# into my existing C++ code, rather than trying to communicate directly with authorize.net?

View solution in original post

tomemedia
2 REPLIES 2

Do I need to turn on security for my Windows socket before I send the message to test.authorize.net?

Should I be looking for a way to integrate C# into my existing C++ code, rather than trying to communicate directly with authorize.net?

tomemedia

Used WinHTTP wraper from codeproject. Works fine with C++ & authorize.net