This is not a question, but actually how we fixed this issue in our production environment to hopefully help anybody else that runs into this. The error message is not very helpful and is usually caused when people are using their prod credentials for the sandbox environment.
We started seeing the error "E00007 User authentication failed due to invalid authentication values" on Saturday March 19 2018 in our production environment. We use Accept.js with the C# SDK for the backend. We have been using this setup successfully for many months (I think over a year now) in production, so we knew it had to be a change done by authorize.net. The issue turned out to be that we were using the 1.9.0 version of the C# sdk, and to fix the issue we upgraded to 1.9.4. Once we upgraded everything worked.
The reason why we were still on 1.9.0 even after the TLS 1.2 change to authorize.net is because the version 1.9.4 does not actually fix the TLS 1.2 issue without this PR https://github.com/AuthorizeNet/sdk-dotnet/pull/216. We had tried 1.9.4 previously and ended up rolling back to 1.9.0 and doing a workaround for TLS 1.2 as that is all that we could get to work at the time.
I hope this is able to help somebody else when they are in a panic and wondering what is going on.
Solved! Go to Solution.