cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay must be used through App?

I am trying to see if I can integrate Apple Pay into my web-based payment system. Currently to process a swiped credit card, I use a USB magnetic reader which inputs data into an HTML form, and I submit the data through my server to Authorize.net.

I was originally thinking that I might be able to get the Apple Pay data into an HTML form similarly, but obviously this depends on how the readers work. Now, after reading the Authorize.net Apple Pay API information, it looks like the only way to submit ApplePay transactions to Authorize.net is through an iOS app. This is clearly not how it is working at major retailers, where the NFC reader acts as an intermediary, so I am confused and disappointed.

Can someone please confirm or deny that I cannot get the Apple Pay data directly from the reader into an HTML form and then submit the data through my server to Authorize.net?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @seakayaker4life 

I can confirm that it is not possible to accept Apple Pay on a web page.

Richard

View solution in original post

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @seakayaker4life 

I can confirm that it is not possible to accept Apple Pay on a web page.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

I think to integrate Apple Pay into a web-based payment system, you cannot directly capture Apple Pay data from an NFC reader into an HTML form and submit it through your server to Authorize.net. The recommended approach involves utilizing Apple's Payment Request API within an app or website to securely collect payment information from the user's Apple Pay wallet. This API facilitates the initiation and handling of Apple Pay transactions, ensuring a secure and seamless payment experience.

thomas876