cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blank Data in Merchant Email Receipt

Hi all,

I am at my wits end. I have a site for a client that I based off of a 3rd party job search/posting site (www.smartjobboard.com) and in order to use the site you need to pay for a recurring subscription. The cart has the option to use authorize.net but seems to use the SIM and ARB solutions. When someone signs up, my client is getting blank receipts. I have gone back and forth with the makers of this software (smartjobboard) and its been beyond frustration.

Authorize.net says we should be using both the AIM and ARB...AIM to handle the initial payment and the ARB for the monthly recurring charges. They say thats why the customer info is coming through blank. This 3rd party company then just emails me back this:

""In the integration manual for SIM integration all the fields from BILLING CUSTOMER INFORMATION block are described. And we pass this information over to Authorize.net. What could be the reason why with SIM integration information from those fields is not in the report from the attached screen. Is switching to AIM the only option?"

There is a screen shot of a blank receipt in our account to go along with this.

Does anyone have any insights on this? I have no experience modifying the 3rd party scripts so I am relying on them to fix this. They are in another part of the world and Im in the US so just emailing back and forth loses days upon days and my client is ready to sue me since it is affecting his business!

John

jgroh
5 REPLIES 5

SIM collects credit card information on Authorize.net, and there's no way to retrieve it. ARB requires said credit card information to be passed internally. Therefore, it is impossible to integrate SIM + ARB, as far as I know. If you want to keep out of PCI compliance issues, AIM obviously isn't an option, so that just leaves CIM, which allows the billing information to be collected on Authorize.net, but charges to be processed against the resulting profiles at any time, so in essence your site can create its own recurring billing by running an automated procedure every morning to generate any applicable charges.

TJPride
Expert

So you are saying that we would need to scap the payment page on our site, and then use the payment page on authorize.net's site? Sorry if I sound like a noob but, I am. And, since I didnt set up the cart and its part of this 3rd party software/script, I dont even know where to start. I am basically the go between at this point.

SIM could still be used for one-time payments, theoretically, but if there's recurring billing involved, the cart would need to create a CIM profile (or retrieve the profile ID, if you have user accounts and have associated a profile with the account already), trigger an iframe popup for managing billing, if applicable, then when they're done with that, generate the first charge.  From then on, an automated script would need to generate successive charges as they come due, and email the customer if a charge fails so the customer can log in and update their credit card info.

All this is of course academic if they won't switch to CIM. The problem with hiring people outside the US is they're pretty much free to jack you if they feel like it.

+1 on the outside the US thing. My client wanted extensive modifications after the fact so originally I was ok basing the site off the software/scripts. Now, no one I talk to locally will touch it because its not their code. Lesson learned I guess.

Im a little surprised they are having so much problems with this, they seem to have lots of clients and lots that use authorize.net. Hard to imagine Im the first one that has had this issue.

If you have lots of clients, there's no particular reason to service the handful who want something that requires a lot of work.