cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Same API Key be Used for 2 Different Websites on Different ECommerce Platforms?

Hi there, 

Our company has an existing website that is hosted on WooCommerce. We just launched a second site that was developed using OpenCart. We are working with two developers for the different sites, and I sent them our Authorize.net API Login ID + Keys and we're experiencing a unique problem.

As soon as one developer uses the login and key on one site, the other site's shop and checkout fails or generates an error code. 

We've been going back and forth...I'm wondering if anyone has some insight as to why we're having this issue.

I called Authorize.net and they said that it's typical for a company to have two sites and use the same key and login. They said its not typical for the multiple sites to be on different ecommerce platforms.

I have gone onto Authorize.net's Fraud Detection Suite and we do not have the IP Address Blocking feature activated. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

GoSleep2016
4 REPLIES 4

You can use the same api login and transaction key for multiple sites.

What error code are you getting?

mmcguire
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

When we update the API on our pre-existing site (WooCommerce), the entire Opencart site shuts down and can't be accessed. 

This page isn’t working

(website) redirected you too many times.

When we update the API key on the Opencart site, the shop page cannot be accessed and the following message shows up:

Not Found

The resquested URL /buy-now/ was not found on this server. 

Additionally, a 404 Not Found Error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

@GoSleep2016

There is no way on earth that your auth.net credentials cause this error at all. These developers may believe this and they may tell you this is what happens, but it’s not the case.

This thing happens when programming websites. You will have at minimum hundreds of lines of code and usually thousands. You have other moving parts and factors like DNS, htaccess rules, server header configuration files, etc. Something goes wrong and the last thing the developer remembers doing is changing the API credentials, so they blame it on that. Or you change the API credentials in an interface and something goes wrong, and it gets blamed on the API credentials.

Both of your errors below sound like htaccess or httpd.conf mod rewrite driven issues. This assumes you use Apache like most sites. Not sure what the conf files are called for other servers.

What is happening in the first case is your rules are redirecting the browser over and over. Most likely the browser is being redirected to an nonexistent 404 page.

In the second error, you do not have a 404 page rule so you do not have a redirect. The issue is that there is no resource tied to the uri /buy-now/. This is either because your rewrite rules are not correct or because the file tied to that uri has been deleted or has had its name changed.

As to why your API credentials **seem** to cause this error, it is most likely that when you enter valid API credentials you get a token, which allows a successful API call and redirect to the payment page. The payment page isn’t there so you end up with those errors for the reasons described above.

FYI in my opinion these developers should not be having you have to reach out on this forum. I do not agree with this way of doing business. My clients have had to ask a total of 0 technical questions like this to anyone. The “its auth nets issue ask them” type of thing that will often drive merchants to this forum or some other forum is nonsense.

If you are paying an hourly rate then this isn’t exactly that bad, as long as you are fine with the trade off of saving some cash. If these developers quoted you a fixed price for a specific outcome, I.e. “I will get your auth.net integration set up for $xxx.xx” then I’d be telling them to fix it rather than having you do the footwork with cop outs like that.

The BTC Futures contracts are settled on the 30-minute-TWAP of the underlying index. To make certain pages of trade s you can see, that on the time of agreement there are not any beneath-margined positions, the transition from using underlying index to 30-min-TWAP of underlying index is completed progressively.

uralsa33