cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Confused about updating to the new SLL Certificates

I recently got an email about SSL certificate changes for anyone using the authorize.net API to process transactions. I use a cURL in PHP to call the following endpoint for all my payment processing:

https://api.authorize.net/xml/v1/request.api

I am confused by the whole certificate thing, I just call the endpoint with my merchant credentials in the XML, as far as I know. Do I need to do anything or install something on my server to keep it working? Or am I fine continuing to do what I have been doing?

Excerpt from the email I got: You must integrate and use the newly-issued Root and Intermediate (CA) SSL certificates from DigiCert by October 24 to avoid any disruptions.

I love the vague words "integrate and use". How do I integrate and then how do I use, in PHP and on my server?

Talentville
Contributor
11 REPLIES 11

I am not trying to necessarily knock AuthNet (used it for a decade), but consider the following:

• I will no longer need quarterly PCI tests, which are invasive and filled with false positives.  That killed a week of my time every 90 days.
  • After cancelling my AuthNet, I called to cancel my processor, Evo Payments, and it seems I am in a contract for 2 more months, so I have to keep paying those thieves even as I do not use their service any more.  Good riddance to all of them.
  • I can now get rid of my entire custom-coded checkout system, as well as XML formatting and calling the AuthNet API, with their fairly substandard error messages when things go wrong.  I no longer handle any card info at all since that is done in the Stripe form.
  • I can now accept a wide variety of alternate payment types, from Amazon pay to Cash App and others.  Gives more flexibility with zero coding.

Implementing Stripe was easy with a bit of chat support and their embedded form (I like that instead of switching to the Stripe site for the payment).  Their form looks fine and lists the items, sends a nice receipt to the customers, etc.  Smooth 3 day integration, start to finish.  Products/Memberships (anything you sell) will have to be either manually added to their system or done via the API, but if you have loads of products, and you have their software installed (done via composer for the most part), a programmatic loop to create products and associated prices is a simple task.

We all have to make our own decisions on payment processors, I just finally decided an all in one setup, with a drop-in form for card info, would simplify everything.  So far it feels like a move years too late.

Their support was not super helpful, and couldn't tell me specifically what certs to install.  However, looking more closely at their article, Where can I find the latest version of Authorize.nets server-level SSL certificates?,  I found an Attachments section at the very bottom of the page where you can download a zip file with certificates.  It's easy to miss because there is extra whitespace between the last set of instructions and the attachments section.