cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Payment Profile on production site zero dollar transaction is "Card declined by issuer"

Using correct card info, and supplying the valid CVV, the "Test transaction for ValidateCustomerPaymentProfile." fails with transaction Status: Declined  (Card declined by issuer - Contact card issuer to determine reason.)

Why is this failing?  Contacted credit card company and they saw no activity, no failure.

How can I successfully create a payment profile while verifying the CVV?  This worked fine on the sandbox.

jspindl3r
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

It turns out it was a configuration error with the processor.

View solution in original post

jspindl3r
3 REPLIES 3

It turns out it was a configuration error with the processor.

jspindl3r

I started having the same issue mid-March after having this work just fine for ages, and am likewise told that the issue is with our merchant services provider (Vantiv). Vantiv, however, say that this comes from Visa - that they no longer allow zero-dollar authorizations - so there is no processor setup that I can change to get it working again. 

Is there any way to get the Auth.Net API to use any number greater than zero when doing the validation? Even one cent would work. Since it's authorize-only, it shouldn't matter, should it?

versatilearts

Facing a similar problem on the smoker review site. Let me know if anybody got the solution. Thanks

AnnaWhite