cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Profile - authenticate user?

I'm integrating Accept Hosted into my website. For various reasons, I need to use Customer Profiles. I also want to allow guest checkout (i.e. no need to login).

The ANET system returns a Customer Profile ID if a customer's email address matches an exsiting profile. But how can I prevent someone from faudulenty using someone else's email and charging an associated Payment Profile? Is the only protection to require that the card code be entered?

I can build an account system on my end that stores Customer Profile IDs and requires password authentication to access Payment Profiles, but then it is no longer a "guest checkout".

Is there a better solution for this?

Thanks!

jm_dgsdev
2 REPLIES 2

Hello @jm_dgsdev

Typically we see implementations where customer profiles are used only after the user has authenticated to the system and a customer profile is associated to that specific user.  

For guest checkout, we would not recommend using customer profiles but instead perform a one-time transaction.

Richard

RichardH
Administrator Administrator
Administrator

Thanks Richard.

If that's the case and I can't use Customer Profiles for guest checkout, I'm brought back around to my previous problem regarding addresses and sales tax:

https://community.developer.authorize.net/t5/Integration-and-Testing/Accept-Hosted-and-Sales-Tax-cal...

It seems like every solution leads to another problem.

How can I allow guest checkout, caculate sales tax, and include address information with the transaction?