cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DPM Error Handling

I've implemented DPM and it's running fine in test mode. However, I'm having a problem with error handling.

Say I make a mistake when typing in my card number. What I'd like to happen is to register this error in relay_response and take user back to the input form, or at least display appropriate message on my site. Unfortunately, what I am getting now is default authorize.net error:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card. 

The credit card number is invalid. 

On top of that all, I am left on this url: https://test.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll instead of at least being taken back to my site. What am I doing wrong here? In relay_response, I do $response->approved to see if transaction is successful, but that doesn't seem to help - I still get the same message on the same url.

misaizdaleka
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

That mean something is not working on your relay response page for delined/error transaction.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Doesn't look like it make it to your relay response page.

Read

Relay Response Basics and Troubleshooting

RaynorC1emen7
Expert

OK, I've read it and the only thing that I can conclude from the text is that I have to make sure credit card number is valid prior to posting the form. 

Any other good piece of advice?

That not it. The problem is that your relay response page is not getting call.

That why you getting the

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.

Did you do the 5 check the following list of possible causes?

Thanks for the quick reply. 

Well, I don't need to check them, because my relay response page is working perfectly fine when I input regular card number and the rest of the data. This error occurs when I input the wrong data on purpose, in order to produce error (because I wanted to write the code to handle it somehow).

That mean something is not working on your relay response page for delined/error transaction.

Check your error.log for your webserver, it might indicate a line number on where it goes wrong, as RaynorC1emen7 indicates.

That was it - my code for transaction handling was bad. Thanks a lot!