cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DPM customizing error relay page

I need some feedback on the best way to handle exceptions in the Relay Response page.

Right now, if an exception occurs in our Relay Response Page I am catching the exception, doing some logging and emailing, and then redirecting the user to our receipt page notifying them that an error occurred while processing their request.  This is OK but sort of masks the fact that an exception occurred.  It basically acts the same if the transaction is declined, minus the logging and emailing.

What I really want is to let the exception bubble up to our error page so that it is logged and they get our real "an exception has occurred page" so they know something really bad happened.

I tried rethrowing the error but I get a generic authorize.net error page (see the text below for an example) instead of ours.

What I would really like to do is somehow rethrow the error to our site so it goes to our error page but since this doesn't seem possible my second choice is to customize the text of the authorize.net error page.  I would like to make it more generic and similar to our own custom error page.

Here is an example of the page I am talking about that I would like to customize:

An error occurred while trying to report this transaction to the merchant. An e-mail has been sent to the merchant informing them of the error. The following is the result of the attempt to charge your credit card.
      This transaction cannot be accepted.
It is advisable for you to contact the merchant to verify that you will receive the product or service.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
John

juantoro
1 REPLY 1

no. you can't customize what is from authorize.net, but all you need to do is redirect to a page with you own error message on your relay response page.

RaynorC1emen7
Expert